Sensational Healing Allied Health was founded at the beginning of 2018, as a small, home-based private clinic, that aimed to provide support to children, young people and their families needing support related to child development and child mental health. Sensational Healing is owned and operated by Kathryn Torney and Matthew Kane. Along with their little boy Archer, they wanted to create a family business that fostered their needs as a family to achieve work/life balance, but also helped other families in the community.
Sensational Healing Allied Health has grown and evolved to become much more than a small family clinic. We now aim to provide multidisciplinary care to children and young people, with a primary focus on building relationships and strengthening families. Sensational Healing Occupational Therapy has its principal clinic based in the Ripley Valley, and provides home visiting and outreach services to Ipswich City, the Scenic Rim, Logan City and Lockyer Valley local government areas.
Sensational Healing Allied Health provides comprehensive assessment and intervention to children, adolescents, young adults (18-25 years) and their families, who may be experiencing difficulties such as:
- Behavioural and/or learning difficulties
- Emotional and/or mental health difficulties
- Exposure to childhood trauma and neglect
- Developmental delays
- Sensory processing difficulties
- Motor and coordination difficulties
- Children who are currently in state care (foster and residential care)
- New parents who have a history of childhood trauma and need parenting support